Aphotic Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Legion Direction

Go down 
+6
kien
kamoric
Belum
Finelis
Pisky
Ozamet
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozamet
Admin
Ozamet

New Legion Direction Empty
PostSubject: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 pm

I've pruned the legion list of all our inactives. This includes some alts so if your alt was kicked and you still intend to play it than ask someone with Centurion rank to reinvite it.

From here on I'll be actively out there recruiting again. The concept in the works is 35+ but requiring a certain pace of progress in leveling up to 45. Members 45+ currently will have no requirement on the pace at which they level.

In addition legion activity has been an issue and we will begin to hit the artifacts prior to any fort sieges which we have members online for. This effort is futile if members do not participate and as such all members who are online and not in a dungeon when forts go up will be required to participate in efforts to take artifacts and assist in the siege.

It's very difficult to organize group activities when our levels are spread out but I've been told that participating in the abyss is a desire of our members regardless of their level. As such this is what we will do. Blood Pact has been rumored to 'steal' artifacts from other Asmo legions attempting to claim them prior to fort sieges. Should we run into this we will deal with it at that time and no sooner.

I have no interest in bringing our new direction to the attention of any larger legions in the hopes that they will not interfere with our efforts. The rumor stands however and if it is true effects several other legions including Not A Spy. When/if we are forced to deal with this horribly poor sportsmanship I will make an effort to contact other legions falling victim to it.

Regardless of the outcome we will continue to make this effort towards claiming artifacts. Ideally our legion name will be somewhere on that map every day. This will intendedly in turn improve both the amount of new apps and the quality of them.

Speaking to the quality of new applications; the founders of Aphotic started this legion with certain standards in mind that I take blame for not upholding. It goes without saying that many of the new recruits who have left the legion recently were lackluster, if not in skill level then in activity. All new recruits will be absolutely required to fill out the application form which I vow will be posted properly in the applications thread. These applications will NOT be approved until I've received sufficient input from current members, namely the leadership but I hope to get application input from standard members as well. It is likely an activity requirement will be implemented also. This would be something to the extent of: "If you're inactive for at least 2 weeks without notice you will be removed from the legion. You may be eligible for a re-invite at a later date after you've spoken with a member of leadership.". While 2 weeks isn't necessarily going to be the time-frame alloted; I personally don't see anything less than a total emergency keeping you from contacting leadership at some point within those 2 weeks.

In the very near future I would like to begin scheduling dungeon runs as well. This isn't to say don't go out and PUG your instances. This would be an attempt to set a time or several times each week that everyone has come together to organize so that we can all group together and farm some instances. I'll be more adamant about looking for input on the subject of scheduled dungeon groups as more players approach the level for Adma Stronghold, Draupnir Cave, Steel Rake Lower/Upper and Dark Poeta.

I understand that this appears to be a wall of text but I would hope that the remaining members will show the care and concern enough to read through and make an informative post in response. I would like to not be the only one working on advancing this legion in terms of organization and participation. So please, make a reply.

One last thing. I've started working offline on some changes for the website. This includes but is not limited to additional sections and a "Code of Conduct" per-say that will contain not only a few conduct rules (lets face it there's not a lot to rule out for conduct with us) but mostly list the expectations of our members and overall goals for the legion in general. This list will include the pace at which we will expect our members below 45 to level at. If you are under 45 and currently a member I'd love to hear your thoughts on this as well so please post. Note that I intend for the required pace to be plenty fair. Exceptions to how quickly one levels may be made should a member notify leadership that-say-they'll be working odd hours for a week or something similar to this.

I look forward to our new direction and to hearing from the members on all of the above.
Back to top Go down
http://aphoticlegion.tk
Pisky
Admin
Pisky

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok important things first. The new banner or picture on the front of the website is epic. Secondly I need to find a pic b/c your new sigs are pissing me off how badly they put mine to shame.

Anyways i'm happy with this post and everything in it, OH and just to be the asshole that i am you spelled allotted as "alloted".
Yes i know you missed me and my spell checking arrogant attitude Very Happy. But yeah i'll be back to normal now, was extremely busy over the weekend and have been sick the last 2 days and felt like death was awesome...

AFK looking for new Signature pic...
Back to top Go down
Finelis

Finelis

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Oz, you're like a fine ass medusa bitch just turning my dick to stone. 100% support here bro, good post... hopefully our literate members will read it.

P.S. We understand if you can't understand some of the bigger words like "the" and "to", Nanners. Very Happy

P.S.S. Joe is right, you did spell allotted wrong... noob. lol! <--- I love that face ---> lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&amp;amp;amp;
Belum

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 am

Fin told me I had to hit 43 by tonight Shocked I hope some one here plans on buying me a fucking coffee.

Also A+++ post, would read again.
Back to top Go down
kamoric

kamoric

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 6:55 am

HAIL ADOLFF!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
kien

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:20 am

I'm trying to get more leveling in. I'm only about 1/4 to 41 Sad. My gf keeps taking up my time and I work at 5am so kinda an odd schedule i have to go with. Theres double exp again starting tomorrow night and I plan to get in on that...if my gf doesnt make me go do stuff with her. Dont think for a second I'm whipped I do the whipping. laid before raid Cool

I need a signature
Kien
Back to top Go down
Nanners

Nanners

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am

Double xp this weekend... so no reason for me not 45. Ill be making a date with some elite grinding Smile
Back to top Go down
Ozamet
Admin
Ozamet

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Really Joe? Really? It must be impossible for the T key to not respond for the 2nd T in allotted. My bad for having a dirty keyboard. Razz

I'm glad those who have posted seem to be on-board with all of this but how about some insight to our expectations. This thread isn't to say "here's what's going to happen, please reply so I can get praise.", no. This thread is for you to make INFORMATIVE replies with ideas, expectations, and suggestions.

Such as what is probably the most important one to address right now, expected leveling rate. I can't start recruiting until I know and the applicants know what sort of leveling pace we expect from them. Since we're starting out with levels 35+ I would look at a time frame allotted for the following ranges.

35-38
38-40
40-44
44-45

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seperated the ranges into these specific levels based on the availability of quests within those levels. 35-38 should be quite easy but then rather than listing 38-44 I listed 38-40 because at 40 things slow down again. Then of course 40-44 is relatively the same pace for those 4 levels. 44-45 is terrible.

So what time frame do you think would be fair to allow for completing each of these level ranges? Post, discuss. Please really think your posts through. Simply posting "35-38 is 1 week imo." doesn't really contribute to the collective mind set trying to decide on a fair time frame. I want you to post not only the time frame you think would be fair but also why so that we can spark and influence thought from others and commulatively decide on what is best.

p.s. Forum registration and activity should also, imo be a requirement of members because discussions regarding changes, advancement, legion activities, and feedback on new applications will all happen here on the boards and I want EVERYONE active on them. Even though I know Jess will bitch about that. Tell me your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://aphoticlegion.tk
Finelis

Finelis

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:09 am

Well for one, you spelled "cumulative" wrong.

Secondly, I didn't have a problem with ANY of my levels really... so I don't know what fucking time frame to give people, no productive feedback from me on that one. Neutral

I do, however, think the forum thing needs to fucking happen... its stupid to have such a great and easily accessible forum/website that nobody uses cause they're too lazy/stupid/ignorant/homosexual/illiterate etc etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&amp;amp;amp;
kien

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:25 am

There is one thing I'd like to point out about the leveling expectations. Gonna shoot myself in the foot here, but different classes can level at different rates i.e. spiritmaster. Spiritmasters, sorcs, rangers, have it easier with elite soloing. Chanters and clerics have less downtime on reg mobs as do those previously listed. Assassins gladiators and templars kinda have less kill speed due to cooldowns and lack of elite soloability. Some of my information may be inaccurate at higher levels as I have only played to 20 on 5 of those listed and 35+ 2 of those listed. Point still remains that every class does not level at the same pace.

It would be nice to get our name in the abyss as mentioned before. Kamoric and I duod a fort when i was 37 and him 40 so I'm sure with a healer/offheal could do it now no problem. I plan to kick myself back into grinding mode and break my alt habits if I can so I can catch up to 45+ with everyone. If anyone needs pots for grinding on double exp weekend let me know and I'd be happy to make them if you have mats.
Back to top Go down
kamoric

kamoric

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 am

35-38 = 2 days per level
38-40 = 2.5 days per level
40-44 = 3 days per level
44-45 = 3.5 days per level
46+ = 4days per level

I love cookies and cream ice cream. ADOLFF & KAM rock this world!!
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
scillit

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Not really sure what to say,but really i like the idea

p.s. I need a sig too Razz
Back to top Go down
Kayson

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah I haven't posted because I have jack shit to add but I know I'm getting bitched about so I'm posting. Hai. Bai.
Back to top Go down
Rathock

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:52 am

I have to agree that there should be a leveling requirement, However I don't have a clue how to equate that into a formula. I took my temp to 39 in the matter of a month, but I had a static trio group that disbanded. So I am left to solo or random group exp now and it just sucks... I have encountered a very large number of idiots and it is really frustrating to be a tank with a group where the sorc can't CC or the stinking cleric doesn't keep you alive with only 1 mob and me using DP heals and pots >.>

Needless to say this isn't a very helpful post, but I do think that some jobs have an easier time leveling then others. I can solo all day long with pots, but it is mind-numbing grinding. I haven't made much progress lately cause I have been crafting most of my online time. I plan on getting a few levels soon, I really want to. But work/gf is taking up more time lately then was previously true...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Legion Direction   New Legion Direction Empty

Back to top Go down

New Legion Direction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aphotic Legion :: Members Only :: General Member Discussion-
Jump to: