Aphotic Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Website New Forums

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozamet
Admin
Ozamet

New Website New Forums Empty
PostSubject: New Website New Forums   New Website New Forums EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:03 pm

As I've probably all ready made you fully aware; we have a functional new website for Aphotic. In addition I've finished implementing the new forums as well. I have to say I'm very excited and I had a blast working on this new website project. Very glad those of you who pushed me, did. Mr. Piskay, Pisko, Piskatay this means you mostly. Smile

I've setup most of the forum categories and such but I'm still in the process of setting up forum permissions as well as the image gallery that will soon be available. The application for new recruits is functional and for now sends the form data directly to my email address. Once we're ready to open recruitment and applications start coming in I'll be manually posting these applications to the proper forum so that members can view and discuss the new comers.

In the meantime if you have any suggestions or comments about the website, please let me know. I really want this website to stand out for everyone. For me personally, it feels good to not be cornered into using a guildlaunch, guildportal, or otherwise free template based host. This entire website thus far has been written from a blank notepad document and that feels good to say we have something professional and non-template.

Also feel free to abuse the "Cbox" at the top of the website. That's a ShoutBox if for some absolutely retarded reason you're not familiar with it. I actually had a different ShoutBox service implemented but it didn't provide anywhere near the customization options of Cbox. It's really a great service and the messages you send update in realtime just like it was legion chat. So please, chat away.

The last widget of sorts I hope to install is a "Who's On Ventrilo" app. Although, I'm unsure of how complicated that will be since this website is written with almost pure HTML. It's something to look into though.

Enjoy, see you all in game and hopefully I'll see you on the website as well.
Back to top Go down
http://aphoticlegion.tk

New Website New Forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aphotic Legion :: Community Forums :: News-
Jump to: